With several ascents and descents, the first pool you pass through is called "Piscina da Ribeira de Nisa", around km 8.
Go on, passing through "Areeiro de Cima" where you turn left to go on to the "Quinta da Saúde Pool". The route then continues through cliffs and dirt roads until it ends at Carvoeiro cliff. Returning to the road, it will you back to "Piscina do Reguengo", next to the Cycling Center.
Before starting your adventure, be sure to check the “Current Information” tab.
Responsible Trails Criteria:
(last audit carried out in 14/08/2020)
Waymark - Doesn't apply
Conservations of the path - 4 (Is has all the needed marks and signs to navigate without support)
General Conservation - 4 (In a good overall status of conservation with some isolated situations.)
Information boards and signs - 5 (5- Very well maintained and with superior quality)
Complementary boards - Doesn't apply
Safety and suport structures - 5 (All recommended structures well maintained)
Local Community integration - 4 (Encourages integration / contacts with the community)
Landscape intergration - 3 (Well integrated into the landscape but without relevant points of interest)
General Safety - 4 (Has occasional low-risk situations)
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.