This is one of the most wonderful linear routes of Portugal. Following the path of the ancient shepards you will dive into one of the most impressive glaciar valleys.
Find more about this route in the oficial website.
Before starting your adventure, be sure to check the “Current Information” tab.
Responsible Trails Criteria:
(last audit by RT at 10/06/2020)
Direcional signing - 4- it has all the needed marks and signs to navigate without support
Path conditions - 4- In a good overall status of conservation with some isolated situations.
General conservation (enviroment) - 5- Surrounding environment perfectly preserved.
Head boards and aditional signs - 5- Very well maintained and with superior quality
Other boards informations - n.a.
Safety structures - 4- Well-maintained essential structures
Interaction with local comunitiy - 5- Strong connection to the community in which it operates and stimulate interaction
Landscape integration - 4- Well integrated into the landscape and with points of interest
General Safety - 4- Has occasional low-risk situations
Safety informationThis is a linear tecnhical trail on high mountain. Take the necessary precautions.
Tips and hints
Saiba mais no site oficial desta rota
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.